Tuesday, February 3, 2015

HAVING A RIGHTEOUS CONSCIOUS

This is a lesson written by Brother Andy... I thought you might like this one. It is good to be righteous ie in right standing with God.  We all have choices to make every day to either be righteous or walk on the wrong side. I hope you all enjoy this lesson as much as I did.                                                                                

HAVING A RIGHTEOUS CONSCIOUS

2ND Timothy 2: 19…19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
When we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, and the finished work of the cross, we become a new creation. At that moment that we accept Jesus, the Holy Spirit seals this new spirit, or new creation, and lives or dwells in us.
The Holy Spirit reveals Gods wisdom, to our spirit, keeping us on the path of righteousness. We are heirs to the kingdom of God and no devil in hell can take this away from you.
John 10: 27-30… 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.30 I and my Father are one.
No one can take you out of Jesus’ hand, and even if they could, they can’t take you out of the Fathers hand… Jesus and the Father are as one…
Hebrews 13: 5… 5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Jesus says, I will never leave you or forsake you… and by no means will I ever forsake you, we must believe that.

2 Corinthians 5: 21…For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 
God made Jesus to be sin for us… He who knew no sin… Jesus died so we could live, he was born to die. He died so that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. He was made sin so we could be made righteous He did nothing to be made sin; we did nothing to be made righteous.
Matthew 7: 21-23… 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Someone might say, just because you are saved, doesn’t mean you will go to heaven. That automatically puts you on the”works” mentality.
If you believe that, and except it, you will revert back to the Law, doing things under your own effort… you will fail. That is where Satan wants to keep you; he knows that he can defeat you if you are in your own effort.
This is the reason we must stay with a righteous conscious…
These people Jesus was talking to were not Christians, had they been he would have known them. What he was saying, never at any time did I have a relationship with them, that I knew them. Here is what he said, depart from me, you workers of iniquity, for I never knew you
These people depended on their works and not what Jesus did at the cross. He accused these people of their iniquities…
Before you can use that scripture, you have to figure out, who are these people saying Lord, Lord. Who are these people that are questioning, have I not prophesied in your name?
Luke 6: 46… 46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
These people never did prophecy, they did cast out demons…they never did good works, they were deceived.
Many people today think signing a card, joining a church, being baptized and many wonderful works of the flesh, believing works produce salvation. So many people have been trained that the wonderful works will save you, works will not save you.
These people that Jesus is speaking about are not born again believers…They were not operating in the spiritual gifts, and fell away, and became reprobates.
Romans 1:28-29… 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
A reprobate mind is a person rejected by God. They are excluded from or beyond the hope of salvation. A worker of the flesh is a worker of iniquity. The wages of sin is for the worker of iniquity

The gift of righteousness is for the believer. If you are a believer and have been born again, he will know you; you are what God made you.

No comments:

Post a Comment