Saturday, November 19, 2016

THANKSGIVING A TIME FOR SHARING


From our Friday Service

THANKSGIVING A TIME FOR SHARING


In the United States of America Thanksgiving Day is a time we have set aside to give thanks. We give thanks for our founding fathers of our country. We are grateful that our country was founded on the premise that we could worship freely. That we are a nation that believes that all men are created equal.

Thanksgiving is a time for sharing and counting all of your blessings. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. It is possible for some that it may be your last.

Today is gift from God. God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you even used one second to say thank you God?

Thank you for giving your son as a sacrifice so we might be worthy to be part of your family. Did you remember to thank God for his grace? The grace of God is unmerited, undeserved favor of God.

It is the power of anointing favor that we receive our blessings thru.

The grace of God is the anointed power, and ability to get things done to help you.

Did you happen to take a moment to just thank him for having mercy on your soul?

Romans 8:12    12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Did you happen to thank Him for his great love for ‘us’ his children?

John 3:16   16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God’s love was so great that he sent Jesus to die and pay the ultimate price, so we would have a chance to spend eternity with Him.

Thru what Jesus did at Calvary, we have power and authority over our adversary, the devil.

It is time to start sharing and counting your blessings.

Psalms 26:7-8   That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

So, that I may loudly sing a hymn of thanksgiving and tell about all your miracles. God is still in the miracle business.

O Lord, I love the house where you live, the place where your glory dwells.

Psalms 50: 14-15   14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

 God is saying, Call on me in times of trouble, I will rescue you, and you will honor me.

How many times do we dishonor God each day?

How many days, weeks, even months do we go along trying to work out our problems ourselves, when God is there all the time, waiting for us to seek Him out.

How long has it been since you told God, thank you for your loving kindness?

God, I really know you love me, regardless of what happens in my life. You sent my brother my friend, my savior, Jesus to save me from eternity in the lake of fire.

So, my Lord and my God we just want to say from the bottom of our hearts, for this very special day, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment