Saturday, December 3, 2016

LIVING IN GODS PROMISES



Service from our Friday meeting

LIVING IN GODS PROMISES

2 PETER 1:3-4   According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

According to Gods divine purpose for our life He has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

Whereby, we are given exceedingly great and precious promises, that we can be partakers of Gods divine nature.

The power to lead a godly life comes from God. God allows us to share in his divine nature.

In order to keep us from sinning, he helps us to live for Him, by empowering us with his own goodness.

Also sharing His divine nature with us lets us escape the corruption that is in the world through lust.

According to verse three, through His divine power he has made all things possible for life and godliness, which is your natural life and your spiritual life.

God wants you to use your faith which is your servant to declare all things, which is His promise to you through Christ Jesus.

Matthew 6:33   33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.



Seek God and His kingdom first and through His divine power that Jesus made possible through His death, burial and resurrection, all these things that pertain to life and godliness will be added unto you.

But first we must seek Gods kingdom and His love, because faith works by love.

1 Corinthians 13: 1-3    Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.


Paul is saying, if I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth, but didn’t love others I would be making a meaningless noise.

And if I have the gift of prophecy and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and everything about everything, but didn’t love others, what good would I be.

And if I had the gift of faith, so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody.

If I didn’t have love for others, I would be no value whatsoever. Love never gives up, never loses faith, and endures through every circumstance.

Never the less, to live in Gods promises we must learn how to activate Gods manifestation of the things we desire when we pray.

This is why faith is the key, if we have faith like Abraham, God will bring into existence what didn’t exist before: calling those things which be not as though they were.

After the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, new laws were established in the heavens by grace.

By faith through grace, in love “which is a must” we can move God, and receive from heaven Gods blessings, by divine power and trusting God, by believing He will do what His word says He will do.

God has ways of blessing us by his supernatural angelic forces, and through people.

John 14: 13-14   13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.


When Jesus say’s we can ask for anything, we must remember that our asking must be in His name, according to Gods word, God will not grant requests contrary to the nature of His word.


Matthew 21: 21-22   21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, if ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.


To better explain the last two chapters, first, God the father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit absolutely want the best for the children of God. Everything God created, mankind who are believers, have access to, by faith through grace and love.

God has a number of ways to manifest and transfer the things we want. However, He knows the future and will not answer a prayer that He knows will harm us now or in the future.

You wouldn’t give a ten-year-old your car keys, and send him to the store… but according to Philippians 4:19, He will meet all our needs.

Don’t focus so much on the things of the world, but stay focused on eternal things… for instance Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment