Sunday, May 28, 2017

As Memorial Day approaches I am reminded of how much our service men and their families have sacrificed to serve their country. My own dad served in World war two.

I remember the stories he would tell and how solemn his face would look. He spoke of one of his buddies that stopped at the bunker door during an air raid and said to him, get in here buddy. Dad ran in the door and when he looked back his friend’s body was missing his head. 

Every so often he would get sick from the malaria he caught while overseas. He would go to the doctor and be in bed for a few days.

Dad was a hardworking man that asked for no favors but gave many to others in need.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank my dad who has passed from this world for all he did to serve his country and family. Thank you, Daddy.

Your loving daughter,

Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment