Friday, February 2, 2018

GODS FULLNESS IN THE HOLY SPIRIT


GODS FULLNESS IN THE HOLY SPIRIT



John 16: 5-8  But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:



John 14: 25-26   25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.



From beginning to end, Gods work is done in the power of the Holy Spirit

This power is not some impersonal energy in the universe.

The Holy Spirit is a person in quality like Jesus


The life he imparts to you by his dwelling in the Christ’s life

Jesus knew he was to be crucified.


He knew his disciples could only carry on his work effectively, if they had a deep relationship with himself thru the Holy Spirit.


He told them that he would send another comforter to take his place, when he returned to the father.


John 14: 11-12    11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.



Jesus is not speaking about an influence or a doctrine… Jesus did not worry about being politically correct he was speaking of one like himself

A real person who would fill their lives with his own presence and power.


When Jesus finished his work on earth, then the Holy Spirit was sent in power upon his church, and all that would receive him.



re-read John 14:12   12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.



For this reason, today as a Christian, our privileges are greater than those of the disciples. We have radio, television, cars, planes and computers help make it all possible.


The comforter has already come, He is here now he lives and dwells in you now, if you have accepted Jesus as your savior.


Some churches believe one thing and some another, but it does not do away with the fact that God says, be filled with the Holy Spirit.


People, I believe this is the greatest need of the church of Jesus Christ today.


Everywhere you go, everywhere you look, you will find that God’s people seem to be lacking something.


God’s people are hungry for something. God’s people are thirsting for something.


I keep seeing among Christians today a great need, and lack in their lives.


There is a feeling of insecurity, and that in their lives being a feeling of being defeated.


The churches of today seem to be powerless… why


If we have no power it’s because we don’t have the Holy Spirit of God impowering us. We are lacking Gods fullness in our lives


God says, be ye filled with the Holy Spirit


Having that fullness of God, the promise of God and the provision of God, led by the Holy Spirit will complete the purpose that God has for your life…

No comments:

Post a Comment