Friday, April 14, 2017

Knowing Who You Are


Lesson for 4:18:17



Colossians 3:2   Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Setting our sights on Heaven means to put heavens priorities into daily practice. Letting heaven fill our thoughts, means concentrating on the eternal rather than the temporal.

John 14:1-3   14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus has already prepared the way to eternal life, the only issue that may still be unsettled is our willingness to believe.

Colossians 3:17    17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. To bring honor to him in every aspect and activity of daily living.

Which leads up to what this lesson is really about, which is your life. Everyone that watches the news or reads the word, especially prophecy, knows we are living in the days right before the rapture.

2 Timothy 3:1   This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

There will be very difficult times, but this is not the time to worry, fret or get emotional. This is the time to trust God. When emotions get involved, Satan will start feeding your thinking. Thoughts of fear which will totally immerse you into an emotional frenzy.

You will start to lean more to your feelings and own understanding. When that happens complex reactions with both spiritual and physical manifestations such as love, hate, fear, anger etc.

At this point your emotions and frustrations will lead to agitation, commotion, excitement, disturbance and ill feelings.

When you get emotional you are easily aroused to things and start showing your emotion in anger, fear, doubt etc.: this if not dealt with will eventually cause a not so good reaction in your life. 

Anger causes a chemical change in the physical body, as does depression and exhaustion of energy from nervous tension.

2 Timothy 2:7   Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

Not knowing who you are causes you to be powerless. Being powerless causes negative emotions which can directly alter your life.

Matthew 28:18   18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Luke 10:19   19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

I have given you, authority over all the power of the enemy. All the authority of Jesus has been given to the believer. You, however, will never see your authority work until you start operating in your God given authority.

You will never be able to use this power and authority while living under negative thinking, (an emotion) it will leave you feeling worried and powerless.

If you have accepted Jesus as Lord and savior. You are not powerless, you are in covenant with Jesus Christ who is all power. That is the power inside of you in the name of Jesus.

Acts 19:13-16   13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.

14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.

15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

These particular Jews had traveled from town to town making a living by claiming to heal people. While trying to drive out demons they would often recite a whole list of names in their incantation to be sure of including the right deity. Here they were trying to use Jesus’ name in an effort to match Paul’s power.

Many Ephesians engaged in exorcism and occult practices for profit. The sons of Sceva were impressed by Paul, whose power to drive out demons came from Gods Holy Spirit, not from witchcraft.

They discovered however, that no one can control or duplicate the power of God. These men were calling on the name of Jesus without knowing Him personally.

The power to change people comes from Jesus. It cannot be tapped by reciting his name like a magic charm. God works his power only through those he chooses.

When you know who are you, demons will never ask you who are you. They know who you are, they see that same power and authority in you that they saw in Jesus and Paul.

John 8:14-17   14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

Galatians 3:29   29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

You are more than a conqueror, you are heirs according to the promise.

Revelation 1:5-6   And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Is there any doubt as to who you are as a believer. This has to go higher than religion.

You must start talking to yourself and say, I am a son or daughter of God. I am the righteous of God through Christ Jesus. I’ve been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ.

I take authority over fear, anger, emotions in the name of Jesus. Through Gods mercy and grace I am who and what the word says I am.
Ar

No comments:

Post a Comment